Parsonage Grant Committee minutes May 26, 2020
In attendance via Zoom: Tom Shannon, Tony Albino, Donald Dubac, Christoph Lindner
- Our first official meeting since Feb. 25, 2020
- Parsonage remains closed due to COVID; Columbia County and the rest of the Capital District are in phase 1 of reopening currently. The Parsonage/History Department seems to fall into phase 4. There will be an estimated two weeks in between each phase assuming no further outbreaks.
- Tax revenue situation appears to be very dire at the local and state levels for the foreseeable future.
- Regional Economic Development Councils, uncertainty about these occurring this year due to economic turmoil. Tom will relay any information regarding this as it comes.
- Tony has been researching grants that may apply to some of the Parsonage needs. He will forward applicable opportunities to the group.
- Tom is looking into a federal grant called Save America’s Treasures that we can apply for in the fall of 2020.
- Tony relayed the needs at the Parsonage to members of the Germantown Neighbors Association.
- We discussed potential options in case we secure a grant that can only be awarded to a 501(c)3. Germantown Library and Germantown Parks Commission identified as possible options.
- Brief discussion about caretaking of the Parsonage while it has been closed during the COVID-19 state of emergency. The town maintenance crews are still mowing the areas they can access. Advised members to drive by and observe whenever they are nearby. Plans will be formulated regarding this for the Parsonage and other town properties in the near future.