COUNTY VACCINATION INFORMATION TELEPHONE LINE
The Columbia County Department of Health (CC DOH) has introduced a dedicated information telephone line for those residents or employees inquiring about availability of the vaccine in Columbia County: 518-697-5560. The line is active Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. To check on vaccination distribution procedures and for other vaccine-related information, residents may consult the New York State Department of Health website at https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov
The CC DOH does not have the authority to define vaccination categories.
For those people 65 years and older who cannot access the internet and have no one who can help them access the internet to register for the vaccine clinic, AND/OR are home-bound and cannot travel or have no ability to arrange travel to a vaccine clinic at Columbia Greene Community College, you may contact the County’s information telephone line at the telephone number given above and a call taker will take your information. Note: if you know anyone that fits this description, please provide this information to them, or email the Germantown Town Supervisor with their contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are an individual described in the previous paragraph, please keep in mind that due to the currently limited, small supply of vaccine provided by the State, it may take a substantial amount of time (weeks) before we can contact you to arrange the vaccination. If you have an opportunity to get the vaccine, or a pharmacy contacts you to provide the vaccine to you, we recommend you DO IT. Do not feel that you must wait for the CC DOH to contact you.
COUNTY DOH CONTINUES TO URGE PATIENCE
- The CC DOH is doing COVID vaccines.
- The vaccine currently being used is Moderna.
- The CC DOH makes a request for vaccinations to the State in the early part of the week and does not know how many it will receive and sometimes get much less than requested. Once we know for sure how many it has received, we open a POD and open a link on the CC DOH website. If you are eligible and the POD is still open, you can sign up. Approximately 18 people are booked every 15 minutes. Once those time slots are full it moves to another slot. Once the POD is completely full the link is closed out.
- Currently the Columbia-Greene Community College is the vaccine site.
- At the vaccine site you will be supplied with a link/QR code that you can use to sign up for the second shot.
- Once given the shot you will be required to wait on site for between 15-30 minutes to make sure you have had no adverse reaction.
- Please continue to check the CC DOH website https://www.columbiacountynyhealth.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-information/ for PODs and links that are open.
- Given the limited supply, at this point it will take months for everyone to get vaccinated.
- Please understand that vaccination information is changing all the time. As the information changes, Columbia County will put up the newest information as it becomes available.
You may also contact the New York State COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline at 1-833-697-4829 or https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov to register for the vaccine in the Capital District area. Residents are advised to understand that by calling the State hotline or going to the website and registering to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, travel somewhere outside of Columbia County may be necessary to receive it.